- mRNA association by aminoacyl tRNA synthetase occurs at a putative anticodon mimic and autoregulates translation in response to tRNA levels. Levy O. and Arava Y. (2019) PLoS Biology, 2019 May 17;17(5):e3000274
- Identification and characterization of roles for Puf1 and Puf2 proteins in the yeast response to high calcium. Haramati O, Brodov A, Yelin I, Atir-Lande A, Samra N, Arava Y. (2017) Sci Rep. 2017 Jun 8;7(1):3037
- OM14 is a mitochondrial receptor for cytosolic ribosomes that supports co-translational import into mitochondria. Lesnik C, Cohen Y, Atir-Lande A, Schuldiner M and Arava Y. (2014) Nature Communications 2014 Dec 9;5:5711.
- Divergent RNA binding specificity of yeast Puf2p. Yosefzon Y, Koh YY, Chritton JJ, Lande A, Leibovich L, Barziv L, Petzold C, Yakhini Z, Mandel-Gutfreund Y, Wickens M, Arava Y. (2011) RNA. 2011 Aug;17(8):1479-88
- Tom20 mediates localization of mRNAs to mitochondria in a translation-dependent manner Eliyahu E, Pnueli L, Melamed D, Scherrer T, Gerber AP, Pines O, Rapaport D, Arava Y. (2010) Mol Cell Biol. 2010 Oct 26
- The 3′-UTR mediates the cellular localization of an mRNA encoding a short plasma membrane protein. Loya A, Pnueli L, Yosefzon Y, Wexler Y, Ziv-Ukelson M, Arava Y. RNA. 2008 Jul;14(7):1352-65.
- Yeast translational response to high salinity: Global analysis reveals regulation at multiple levels. Melamed D, Pnueli L, Arava Y. RNA. 2008 Jul;14(7):1337-51.
- Dissecting eukaryotic translation and its control by ribosome density mapping. Arava Y, Boas FE, Brown PO, Herschlag D. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005 Apr 28;33(8):2421-32.
- Genome-wide analysis of mRNA translation profiles in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Arava Y, Wang Y, Storey JD, Liu CL, Brown PO, Herschlag D. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003 Apr 1;100(7):3889-94.
We study the steps of gene expression in eukaryots with emphasis on mRNA localization and translation regulation. We apply diverse methods to understand how the translation of mRNAs is regulated, what are the RNA sequences that are important for regulation and which RNA binding proteins are involved in this process.