· We developed a novel 3D gut organ culture system, as a uniquetool for studying host-microbiome interactions.
· Enteric neuro-immune-microbiome cross-talks control regulatoryand effector T-cells development.
· The gut organ culture system provides insights into thefunctional consequences of microbial dysbiosis in mice and humans.
· Development of a novel ‘on-chip gut permeability assay’, for trackingreal-time changes in gut permeability.
· Dysbiotic, chemotherapy-disrupted microbiome alters gutpermeability, suggesting that barrier-modulating microbes may promotechemotherapy-induced gastrointestinal inflammation.